In 1953 this Corps was formed and became known as 2483 Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps in affiliation with 119 Battery, RCA (AF) and sponsored by The Independent Order of Foresters who requested that the unit be re-designated as 2483 Independent Order of Foresters RCA CC. affil.: 5th West Coast Harbour Defense Battery RCA, Sept 1, 1955. affil.: 119th MAA Bty RCA, May 6, 1954. In 1955 affiliation was assumed by 5th West Coast Harbour Defence Bty CA (M) and the Corps re-designated as 2483 5th West Coast RCA CC. In 1957 change of affiliation to 4 LAA Regt and the Corps became known as 2483 4 LAA Regt RCA Cadet Corps. Due to an administrative error, these changes were never approved nor promulgated. affil.: PPCLI, Aug 1, 1958. In 1958 under the new sponsorship of the PPCLI Regiment the Corps was re-designated as 2483 The Esquimalt Cadet Corps (Princess Patricia’s) and were affiliated with PPCLI. 9 Nov 1963 due to the rotation of PPCLI to Europe a transfer of sponsorship and affiliation was effected to the Queen’s Own Rifles of Canada. The Corps designated as 2483 Queen’s Own Rifles of Canada (Esquimalt) CC. In 1970 the Corps sponsorship was assumed by 3 PPCLI and the Corps was renamed 2483 PPCLI (Esquimalt) CC.
Find out more here!